Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday, But No WIPs

I've decided to stop doing my Wednesday WIP report. I felt like they were limiting my posting. I'd sit down to post, and think to myself, "Well, I can't talk about knitting because it's not Wednesday." So I decided to just post when I had something to post about.

I've mostly been working on the scarf with no name:
It's a pretty easy knit, even without following a pattern. The yarn isn't the greatest, but it was a freebie, so what can I say.

People say the funniest things. I was talking with a co worker about how nice the weather has been lately. Highs in the lower to mid 80's. Occasional rain, nice breezes, and how it was supposed to stay that way for the next few days. He said, "It's nice. It makes me want to cook a goat." I've eaten goat before. It's not too bad. I did not cook a goat for supper, though. I cooked fried chicken and french fries. I'm waiting for the Czar For The Elimination Of Fried Foods to show up at my door.



Fun stuff in the mail! Amidst all the sales papers, credit card applications, and health insurance advertisements (I get these all the time, which tells me there is NO excuse for anyone not to have health care coverage), look what I got:

A whole catalog of Dallas Cowboys stuff! It's like Christmas morning in a book! When I opened it up, even more surprises! The players were the models! Woo hoo! There's DeMarcus Ware.


On the next page, Terence Newman and Roy Williams. And bestill my beating heart, he of the gorgeous eyes himself, Bradie James.

If he weren't a linebacker, he could be a model. OK, moving on...

And the #3 all time Cowboy: Bob Lilly and Becky is four for four.

Cody and I were sitting on the couch watching TV. Squeaky was on the floor by Cody, and he reached down to pet her. I guess she wasn't expecting it because she jumped two feet into the air.

Squeaky says, "That wasn't funny!"

"I'm going to pretend it never happened. Leave me alone, I need a nap."

2 comments:

Patch said...

Hehe, my big white cat does that all the time too; I agree it's pretty funny!

Step away from the catalog Bec, step away... ;)

Becky G said...

But, Patti! If I don't BUY something, they may take me off the mailing list! I have to!