Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cookies

A couple of weeks ago, I made some cookies. I took most of them to work, and invited my group leader, Rod, to have some.

He got a couple, then came back and got some more. Then he came and got some more. And some more...

A couple of days later, as I got to work, Rod came up to me and said, "I was wondering when you were going to make some more cookies, preferably peanut butter." Well, I don't make a lot of peanut butter cookies, because I don't really like them all that much. True to my nature, I procrastinated.

Yesterday, Rod came by as I was eating my lunch, looked at my food and said, "Those don't like home made cookies, but I know they're going to be here before the week is out."

I know it sounds rude just reading it like that, but it really wasn't the way he said it. Anyway, here's your peanut butter cookies, Rod.


Enjoy.

4 comments:

Warrior Knitter said...

Those choc chip cookies look so good . . . may have to do that tomorrow or the next day and lay in a supply of ice cold milk.

Peanut butter's not my fav either but husband like's them so I do them occasionally for him, along with sugar cookies.

Bag Blog said...

I like any and all cookies that are homemade. Your cookies look pretty darn good.

Patch said...

Mmmmm, homemade choc-chip cookies and milk. Don't forget your Lactaid, Bec.

A nice combo/compromise are those peanut butter cookies that have a chocolate Hershey kiss smacked down in the middle (they look like this: http://imgtn1.ask.com/ts?t=13892197028710990736&pid=23136&ppid=20). That's probably my fave cookie ever from childhood.

Becky G said...

WK, thanks, and thanks for stopping by the blog.

Lou, thanks! They were delicious, and didn't last long.

Patch, I know those cookies. We called them thumbprints. I thought about making them, but kisses are expensive, and well, there's only so much I'll do for my co-workers.