Friday, July 10, 2009

Lactaid

I bought some Lactaid dietary supplements, and had one with pizza for supper. It seems to be working. I feel better than I have in weeks. What I had always taken for heartburn, I now think to be lactose intolerance, because I had none of it today. When I think more about it, milk has for a long time made me sick at my stomach unless I eat something with it. Cheese gave me heartburn and a bloated feeling. I think this has been coming on for quite a while, but just recently come to the point where I had to take note of it.

So, wanting to ease myself into this gradually, what did I do? I had another Lactaid with a bowl of ice cream.

We'll see.

4 comments:

Steve said...

That's too funny! As long as it was Bryers mint chocolate chip it's ok!!!

Bag Blog said...

Thre are lots of soy products out there to replace milk. The Junk Diva's daughter is lactose intolerant.

Becky G said...

Steve, no. It was cookies and cream!

Lou, I've tried soy milk and cheese. They taste terrible, and are rather expensive to boot. I'd rather just go with enzyme replacement supplements.

futuregirl said...

My sister used to eat about a box of lactaid a day until she found Digestive Advantage. It's a once-a-day pill (or delicious chewable if you get the kid's version which has the same amount of stuff in it). SO MUCH easier than carrying around a load of lactaid with you everywhere you go (especially a new restaurant when you don't know what foods they make that have lactose in them). And it totally works if you're lactose intolerant. Sometimes she has trouble finding the children's version, so she usually just orders it from Drugstore.com