Saturday, April 04, 2009

What Are You Doing This Weekend?

Right before I left work Friday, a co-worker asked me "What are you going to do this weekend?" It makes me wonder, why do we always have to be doing something? And of course, what she meant by doing wasn't what I was really planning on doing today. I'm sure she didn't want to hear my plans of doing laundry and cleaning the house--both of which did get done, to some extent. No, she wanted to hear me say that I was going out of town, or going to the club, or going somewhere and doing something. It seems downtime has become an unpardonable sin in our society. We are made to feel guilty for just spending a day piddling around the house, catching up on chores, and mostly resting. Ya wanna know what I really did? Exactly that. Piddled around the house. I did laundry. Cody fixed the screen door, and the shelf in my closet. I though about cleaning up the kitchen then went and sat down. I watched some Netflixes I needed to so that I can send them back. That's about it. Oh, and I knit.

I finally got the heel turns done on my socks and am working on the cuffs.

These seem to be taking forever. I chalk that up to two things--1) my gigantic feet, and 2) doing two at once on Magic Loop. That always makes knitting tedious. As you may have guessed, I'm not a Magic Loop fan. Give me my double pointed needles any day.

On a tip from Opal, I bought these play mats at Wal-mart.


What do I need play mats for? They make great blocking boards! I also bought a set of nickel plated T pins from the sewing department, and I'm ready to block. First up, that errant corner of Mystic Waters.

Finally, the sky,

and blooming wysteria.


And that's about it for my weekend.

3 comments:

Sus said...

I agree. My favorite weekend activities are piddling and resting. If I get really ambitious, I cook something I wouldn't take the time to make during the week. But naps are always top priority.

Becky G said...

That sounds like my kind of weekend! Seriously, I'm on the go all week, why would I want to wear myself out on the weekends, too?

Opal said...

yay! you got your blocking boards!