Saturday, April 11, 2009

Azaleas

I planted these azaleas about 12 years ago, not long after we moved here.


I planted them on the East end of the old house, thinking that since Azaleas are shade loving plants, they would do OK.

They didn't.

They did fine the first year or two, but then began to bloom less and less.

Last summer, they had maybe a grand total of two or three blooms between the pair of them. I was seriously going to cut them down and just start over. I just didn't get around to it.

But then, I got that old trailer house moved out and they were able to get sun throughout the day. What a difference it made!

I think I'll keep them.

5 comments:

Opal said...

gorgeous! they're definitely keepers. :)

Sus said...

How wonderful that they're apparently getting what they need now and blooming beautifully! A sea of pink flowers is always a welcome sight! :)

Bag Blog said...

Wow, they are beautiful. Very paintable!

Robin said...

OH WOW!! They're beautiful!

Lizzie Woolley said...

A year ago, I was trying to find out how to take care of a house plant that my mom has. I knew the name was Azaleas however I didn't know how to spell it. Thanks for your post.