Saturday, July 21, 2007

Socks and Skies


This morning's sky was beautiful. Good thing I got this picture when I did, because just an hour later, the clouds had cleared off and the sky was clear. It makes for a beautiful sky, but a rather dull picture--that rectangle of solid blue.

I finished the July mid month dishcloth:


I've decided to go back and finally do the June mid month cloth, the pattern of which has been languishing in my inbox for a month, now. I always intended to do it. I just never got around to it, until today.

The second black sock is coming along nicely, with 9" of leg knit so far.


Unfortunately, all my work may be for naught. I asked Cody to try them on, and he claimed he couldn't get them over his heel. I was able to get them on with room to spare, and they fit over a 2 liter coke bottle. Hopefully, there'll be some skinny legged soldier wherever these are going who will be able to wear them.

Pay no attention to the pasty white leg above the sock. It was a gift from my Swedish ancestors.

Sweden

5 comments:

Sus said...

Oooh, that is a nice sky. I'm with you on the big blue rectangles. They make for nice days, not super pictures. The sock looks good to me! I think if it fits on a 2-liter, it'll fit somebody over there. Maybe Cody just has a really high arch??

Anywho, you're Swedish too?? Yay! More we have in common!!

Steve said...

Hey, just an update. I went with my daughter to the bookstore and she's going to give knitting another try. It also turns out that an old friend of ours knits, so there's hope. The website will also be a great help.

Thanks for the email and the advice.

Becky G said...

You're welcome. I'm glad she decided to go ahead and try it. Let me know how she does.

Becky G said...

Sus, either that, or he has big heels. Yep, I'm of Swedish descent. My great-great grandfather on my father's side was born there.

Becky G said...

P.S. Sus, I'm beginning to think you are my long lost twin!