Friday, July 27, 2007

Don't Take 'Em Too Seriously

Lots of sites on the net have these cute little quizzes you can take--what color are you? what type of knitting needles are you? What kind of kisser are you? Almost any subject you can imagine has been made into a quiz. These quizzes can be both fun and frustrating, and most of the time, they are wrong--at least about me. The problem is the format. They usually consist of a question followed by five multiple choice answers. Too many times, there is no correct answer. For example, in the first quiz below, one of the questions read something like this: You are eating lunch and someone approaches you and demands you give him food. He doesn't appear to be starving. What do you do?

Well, the last thing I would do is to give him my food, but on the quiz, the only answer that did not involve giving in to him was the one that said to hit him in the face. Now, I wouldn't do that either, unless in self defense, but neither would I give him food. Nevertheless, that is the answer I chose, since it is the only one that didn't involve appeasing the villain.


Another quiz I did had the question: What are you most likely to order? The answers consisted of five different flavors/blends of coffee. I don't drink coffee. None of the answers would have been an accurate reflection of my personality or tastes. So what's a person to do about these quizzes?


Have fun doing them, but don't take them too seriously.



Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?






Which Fantasy/SciFi Character Are You?



And above all, don't let the answers bug you .
Steamed

No comments: