Thursday, August 15, 2024

Fat Lot Of Good

Sometime along about 9:00 this morning, the brazer with COVID -- who had come back to work despite being very sick --decided he was sick enough to leave and go to the doctor.  Shortly after he left, the first aid lady came out and had the cleaning crew disinfect his brazing stand.  Yeah, fat lot of good it does to take precautions now!  They wouldn't make him leave yesterday, and they wouldn't even make him put on a mask, and after letting him drip COVID germs on us for a day and a half, now they want to disinfect his stand?  I swan, the logic of that place...

Heh, the cleaning crew came over to one of the brazers and asked her if she wanted her stand disinfected.  She said, "There's no point in doing that now.  We've all already got it." 

Really, about half the plant has it.  I know they had to shut down at least one line today because they had so many people out with COVID.  I guess next week, it'll be the rest of the brazers. 

In better news, my fence is finished!


I'm probably going to stain it with some Thompson's Water seal here when it cools off a bit, but at least it's up -- and I can sleep tonight.  Last night, he was here until nearly 9:00, but as I said yesterday, there was no way I was going to stop him from working.  

And look!  I have a whole new chunk of back yard to play in!


I mean, that bit was always mine, but I never felt like I could do anything with it.  Now that it's fenced in,  I can do stuff there.  I am going to move those day lilies that are planted where the old fence used to be, but I don't know where I'm going to put them.  I may just give them away.  

Here is the rest of the fence...for no reason.  


 I was going to record a vlog for you, but it rained right before we got off of work and it was soooo very steamy outside, I couldn't stand being out there long enough to do it.  Maybe I can do it this weekend.  

Now that it's starting to get dark a bit earlier, I might even be able to get the old telescope out and stargaze a bit -- and feel a lot safer doing it now that I won't think every car driving down the road is looking at me.  

Heck, I might even get me a pool next spring.  

Just a small one.  

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Do it! Get the pool! :-)

Becky G said...

Maybe after I get the other side done...