Wednesday, August 07, 2024

But, But, But, I Thought...

There I was at work, right after my lunch break just a working away when Cuz came out of his office, flew down the stairs, and ran into the back of the plant at top speed.  I told him later, I'd never seen him move that fast, to which he replied, "I'm getting too old for this!"  

We all stood there wondering what was going on -- I thought maybe someone had fallen out, because COVID is going around again -- and word soon came that there was a fight back there.  About that time, I saw a bunch of police officers coming from the front office area and going back towards the assembly lines.  "Wow, the police sure got here fast," I said to no one in particular. 

"They were already here," a coworker told me.  They'd called them to break up a fight in the front break room during first lunch.  What?  Two fights on the same day?  

But I thought telling us we couldn't bring a lunch to work was supposed to stop all the fighting in the plant!  How could there possibly be two in the same day???

Anyway, from what I heard, the one in the break room was between some guys fighting over something that happened years ago when they were still in high school.  Some people were whispering that it was gang related, but I don't know for sure.  

The one in the back was between two gay women fighting over another woman.  But the funniest part was the watching the newest sub brazer freaking out over them.  The fights, I mean, not the gay women.  "We didn't have fights like this at Modine!"  

Then maybe you should go back to Modine...I'm telling you, I'm so sick of hearing about how good everything was at Modine.  Even their brazing glasses were better, and she's going to go by Modine and get her some good brazing glasses.  What I'm wondering, though, is if everything was so much better there, why did you quit?  Hmmmm???

After all the supervisors and folks got back from their lunch, they and all the group leaders had a big meeting with The Big Man Up Front and BSC HR.  I don't know what it was about, but Group Leader Shark didn't tell us anything, so I guess it doesn't have anything to do with us peons. 

In other news, I heard back from the fence guy.  The Paypal transfer went through just fine, but they took out some in taxes and fees.  I told him I'd send him more to cover that.  I didn't feel he should have to eat those fees, because he went so far out of his way to help me out.  A lot of contractors would have just said, "Cash, or I'm not doing the job,"  but he set up an entire Paypal account just to make things easier for me.  That says a lot about his character.  Right now, the plan is for him to start Sunday and finish up Monday.  

I can't wait!  I've been wanting this fence for so long, but I had to wait until my dogs went to that great kennel in the sky.  Well, I didn't have to.  I just did, because I didn't want to have to worry about them getting out and getting lost or run over or something.  I was going to get them replaced last year, but then everything went haywire in the plant and I didn't want to spend the money until things settled down a bit. 

Funny, I realized yesterday just exactly why I need a privacy fence.  There were a couple of men in the neighbor's yard (on the other side) working -- just cleaning stuff up.  They weren't paying any attention to me, but I think I spent more time watching them to see if they were watching me or not than I did anything else.  With a privacy fence, I won't be feeling like I'm constantly needing to look over my shoulder.

Plus, it will increase the resale value of the house -- whenever that time comes.  

Well, I finally cut the last sunflower. 


It looks like something has been nibbling on it despite my homemade scarecrow.  It doesn't look like the seeds were developing right anyway.  I don't know.  I'll let the head dry a few days then pick the seeds out and see.  Maybe these aren't the kind that make the seeds you can eat.  

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of sunflower seeds anyway.  I much prefer pumpkin seeds.  

Speaking of, I need to go get myself something to eat, then head for bed.  I've been waking up at around 1:00 these last couple of nights, so I'm a bit tuckered. 

Good night. 

No comments: