Wednesday, April 24, 2024

It's That Time

Time to put that last little sunflower seedling into its permanent home.  


I put this one into my little flower bed in front of my porch, and protected it with a cloche. 


It will quickly outgrow it, just like the others have.  I'm thinking next year I might plant a whole row in this bed.  It'll give me a little more privacy in the front of my house.  I kind of wish I'd thought of that before I planted all of these...


which are doing great, by the way.  

The Incarnation of Evil was there to supervise the whole operation, but I don't think she approves. 


A bit of good news.  This little cosmos that I'd thought was done-for seems to be making a comeback.  


I know it's a blurry picture, but it seems to be growing a bit.  Even if it doesn't make it, I've got plenty more in the mini-greenhouse.  

Speaking of making it, I've been trying to kill this rose for about 5 years now, but it keeps coming back. 


It's even got buds on it!  Well, as long is it is out of the fence -- which I hope to get replaced sometime this summer or fall.  If I can ever get my act together enough to make a couple of phone calls.  And you know how I feel about those. 

Oh, here's something.  I finally got a good photo of my Bachelor's Buttons.  Or a halfway decent one, at least. 


And of course, the one I didn't plant is the one that looks the best.  Go figure. 


 While I was doing all of this gardening, I got Marty Mac out and trimmed all of his dead leaves and traps. 


He has fully recovered from being transplanted and is looking so much better.  If I can keep the critters from pulling him up, he ought to thrive from here on out. 

I reckon that's it for today.  Oh, I'm still plugging away at the piano, but it's slow going.  I'm hoping I can get a song recorded for you in a couple of weeks.  

OK, now that's all I have for you. 

Laters. 

No comments: