Saturday, September 03, 2022

Football Saturday!

 Football on the TV.  And the computer.  Aand the Kindle.

It was a great way to spend a Saturday.  The only bummer is that Texas is showing the game on the Longhorn Network, which I don't get.  I wonder, though, when they move to the SEC, will they let them keep that network, or make them give it up?  

In between all that football watching -- which is still going on, by the way -- I managed to get all my fall decorations out. 


Funny story.  I was sure I had a different plaque that I hung there over my mantle.  It was a barn shaped thing, and I distinctly remember it.  It had a stake to make it a yard sign, and this year, I was going to put it into my front flower bed.  However, I couldn't' find it.  It wasn't in the box with all my fall decorations, and after I tore up my whole house looking for the thing, I remembered....it's a Christmas decoration.  Sigh...

I can't even blame sleep deprivation for that one.  

I'm not going to show all of the decorations I put out.  If you want to see them, you can go look at last year's post.  It all looks exactly the same, except for one little thing.  The only thing I did different was this.  


I don't normally put out a lot of Halloween stuff, but I always have this mug and luminaria out somewhere.  I usually stick them into my entertainment center, but this time I thought they'd look cute right here on this bookshelf.  After Halloween, I'll have to find something else to put there, to keep the jug from getting lonely.  

I'm thinking I might get some stuff to put on my front porch, too, now that the neighbor with the playful dog has moved. I told you that yesterday, didn't I?  Oh well, if your memory is anything like mine, you'd forgotten it anyway.  Anyway, I might pick up a fake hay bale, a fake pumpkin or two, and probably a potted mum.  Other than that, I'm done. 

I'm definitely going to pick up more of this ice cream.


It was sooooo good!  

Well, I must take your leave now.  There is more football to watch and knitting to knit.  

Laters. 

No comments: