Friday, September 09, 2022

No Idea

I have no idea what day it is.  Seriously. 

Between the holiday Monday, and a vacation day today, I have no idea what day it is.  On some level, I know it's Friday, but it sure doesn't feel like it.  Still, it must be because I got my paycheck.  Which I promptly spent most of at Walmart, and I have no idea what I bought that was so expensive. 

I mean, yeah, I bought a new case of cat food, and a new bottle of carpet shampoo, and a bag of frozen chicken nuggets...just those three things was $50 right there. 

I also bought Jesse a couple of cans of high dollar dog food, because he'd stopped vomiting thanks to the meds the vet gave him, but he still wasn't really eating.  He'd eaten that can of tuna, but was just picking at his regular food.  I thought if I gave him something he couldn't resist, it might kick his appetite in gear.  

Then I spoiled him and bought him a new food bowl.  Or maybe that was spoiling myself, just a bit.  This way, I won't have to keep dumping his dry food back into the bin when I feed him his canned food, then washing and refilling his bowl with more dry food when he's done.  Having a separate bowl will make things so much easier on me. 

All that to say, Jesse is feeling better, and has started eating again.  And thankfully, has not puked in the bed again.   I'm glad of that.  I don't think I can wash all of that bedding again so soon. 

OK, so remember when I talked about getting some decorations for my front porch? I fully intended to pick up a fake hay bale and fake pumpkin to put out there, and maybe some fall garland to add the final touches.  Once I got to the store and saw how much all that stuff cost, I decided the porch would have to remain undecorated for another year.  The only thing I picked up was a couple of garlands, and even they had gone up so much since the last time I bought any.  I added it to the garland I already had on my  mantle, to make it look fuller. 

While wandering down the Fall decoration aisle, who should catch my eye but this little lady?

They have a scarecrow man, too, which I might pick up next week.  He'll look just right on the other side of that shelf.  I'll have to move the mug and luminaria, but they're used to being shuffled around like that. 

Now, I have to leave you with some sad news.  The Harvest Moon rises tonight, and I won't be able to see it due to cloud cover and rain.  I'm bummed.  It's been a family tradition since my childhood go all go out and watch the Harvest Moon rise.  I don't really know why.  It's just something we always did with our dad. This will be the first time in ages that I've missed it.  

But I think I'll have my hot chocolate and Harvest Moon cookies anyway.  

It's tradition. 

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

The mantle looks nice!

Glad to hear that Jesse hasn't vomited anymore. <3

Becky G said...

Thank you! ON both counts.