Wednesday, June 29, 2022

One Day More

One more day of work, then I'm off until Tuesday!  The whole plant is getting the weekend off, and the holiday Monday, but I had an extra vacation day for Friday.  I know I could sure use the rest; I am absolutely gassed.

I told my coworker, "You know how you say you're running on fumes?  Well, I ran out of fumes about 7:00 this morning."    

The first thing I plan on doing is to sleep normal human being hours.  No more getting up at 2:45!  Well, for four days at least.  Other than that, I've got a whole list of things I want to get done and not spend the entire time sitting in front of the TV.  What will probably happen is I'll sit in front of the TV the entire time telling myself, "I really need to get up and do stuff and not sit in front of this TV all weekend."  

I reckon it'll look something like this:


I'll let you know how it goes. 

Seriously, though, I don't know what's wrong with me.  I have no energy.  I have no desire to do anything.  I'm even having trouble getting excited about Fiber Fun In The 'Sip.  I can't even seem to bring myself to make my hotel reservation.  That's how bad it is.  

All I want to do is hide inside my plague doctor mask.  

Well, I didn't mean to get all maudlin on you there.  I'm just feeling a bit low.  I'm pretty sure it's a side effect of being so exhausted all the time.  If they go back to those long, long hours, I think I might file for early retirement.  I don't know how I'll pay my bills since my benefits won't kick in for another few years, but something has got to give here.  All I know is I can't keep going on like this.  

Now, for a little good news.  It's supposed to rain all weekend!  Yippee!  That may cool things off a bit.  I mean, it's still hot, but it's normal hot, not heat dome hot.  See this?  Yeah, I told you it's been hot here. 


I guess that's all I have for tonight.  It's getting late and I still have to practice my piano and take a shower.  

Laters.  

 

No comments: