Thursday, June 30, 2022

I'm Free

 I'm free!  I'm free!  Well, until Tuesday, at least.   I wish it were forever, but hey, we take what we can get.  

We have a new supervisor out at work.  He's been there about a month or so.  He's not a nice man.  Every morning, he comes around and gets in all of our faces one by one and shouts, "How you doing?" or "How's it going?"  It's very annoying first thing in the morning.  The really bad part is you can't just ignore him because he will not get out of your face until you acknowledge him.   I'm like, "Sheesh!  If you're that starved for attention, get a puppy!"

But what can we do?  He's a supervisor.

This afternoon, I overheard him ask one of the other brazers, "What are you going to do on your long weekend?"

Her response was, "Sleep!"

He said, "Aw now!  You can't spend the weekend sleeping!  You've got to get out and have some fun!"

I didn't hear what she said back to him, but after he'd walked off, I leaned over and asked, "Did he seriously just say that?"  Does he not know that when you've been getting up at 2:00 AM (in her case) six days a week for the last six months, sleeping is fun?  Because let me assure you, it most certainly is. 

I plan on doing plenty of sleeping myself, but I also made myself a to-do list -- in addition to the normal chores, I mean.  

I can't promise all of these things on this list are going to get done, but I'll give her the old college try.  Except for calling the plumber.  That probably won't get done.  What can I say?  I am who I am.  

Oh, and don't worry, there will be plenty of knitting and TV watching going on as well.  

One thing I definitely want to get done is to clean up Cody's room.  Last month, when my toilet overflowed and flooded my bedroom, quite a bit of water also made it into Cody's closet, and his carpet got pretty wet.  Once I'd realized what had happened, I dragged everything out of the closet so the carpet could dry out.  It's been dry for quite a while, but I still haven't gotten around to putting the stuff back into the closet. 

I want to take all that stuff out of the cardboard boxes and store it in plastic since some of the stuff in the cardboard boxes got wet as well.  I tossed what couldn't be salvaged, but wanted to sort through the rest before shoving it all back into the closet.  

I'll tell you one thing, I've got to get better at throwing stuff out.  I hate to toss good stuff if there may be someone out there who can use it, but at the same time, I hate dealing with people.  I advertise stuff on the local freebies group, and people say they want it, but never show up to get it.  It's very annoying. 

Finally, we got rain!  Not a lot, but not a lot is better than none.  Even better, this...whatever it is... finally has a bud!


I guess my threats of composting them worked.  

Heh...


No comments: