Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Good News!

Guess what?  Good news!  Well, for you, at least.  And what is that good news?  Today -- and today only -- you don't have to listen to me complain about how tired I am.  Instead, you get to hear me complain about how hot it is.  Yippee!  

Right?  

And how hot is it?  It's so hot, my air conditioner has not shut off since I got home from work.  I finally shut it off myself by raising the thermostat a couple of degrees.  It's my only hope to be able to pay my electric bill this month.  

It's not looking to get any better anytime soon, either.    

Add in the humidity and whoo boy!  It makes me question my decision to not move to Alaska...

A few weeks ago, one of my favorite meteorologists moved from down in Jackson up to Kansas City.  I never did unfollow him on Facebook, though.  Yesterday, he posted the forecast for his new viewing area.  I couldn't resist....well, just read it for yourself:


I feel famous now!  Or infamous, take your pick.  

I thought I had a mini tragedy yesterday when the drain pan on my air conditioner overflowed.   I'm starting to hate water.  Seriously.  Between the plumbing issues and now this, water is ruining my life.  

Anyway, I pulled the front panel off my evaporator coil and vacuumed the water out with my shop vac.  I tried to clear the drain thing with my fingers as best I could, then went and got a pipe cleaner and shoved it down the pipe as far as I could.  I tried to put my little sink snake down it, but it wouldn't make that sharp 90' turn, so I gave up on that idea.  

I checked it today when I got home, and there was a little water in the bottom of the drain pan, but it was below the level of the drain hole -- if that makes any sense -- so hopefully, I got the problem taken care of.  If not, I'm sure I can call the man who fixed my A/C a few years ago to come to clean the lines out for me.  

And I'm going to hold my breath that nothing else goes wrong around here...

No comments: