Saturday, June 11, 2022

Catching Up

Yeah, I know, I know.  It's been a while.  Truth is, I just haven't felt like blogging.  I think I've got a great post, with lots of fun and interesting things to tell you, but when I sit down to write, it's like my brain just shuts off, and I can't think of anything to talk about.  It doesn't help that these last couple of weeks have been difficult anyway.  Being an introvert, it's hard for me to open up and really talk about stuff.  Unless you're imaginary.  I can have great imaginary conversations with people -- or at least the imaginary iterations of them.  But sitting down, writing this stuff out, knowing there will be not-imaginary people reading it...that's a completely different story.  

Add to that the irrefutable fact that nothing interesting is going on in my life right now, and that makes for mighty dull posts.  

And of course, there is the complete and utter exhaustion of busy season at work.  I thought this weekend would be different, since I had vacation yesterday and was able to have a three day weekend.  Let me tell you, being able to sleep until 5:30 has been won-der-ful. I'm getting too old to be pushing myself this hard, but it's not like I have a choice.  I know you're all tired of hearing me complain about how tired I am, but it's my constant state of being these days.  I can't even remember being not tired, so having three days off just to catch up on stuff, and get a bit of rest on the side has been nice. 

I still didn't go to the Farmer's Market, though.   Or call the plumber.

One of my friends from work, who reads my blog from time to time, had given me a business card for a different plumber.  I'd planned on calling him yesterday, but you know me and phone calls.  It just didn't happen.  I'm not going to call on a Sunday anyway, so maybe Monday I can get it done.    Wish me luck. 

In the meantime, I got two new piano books. 

They are level three sight reading books.  Level three!  I'm moving on up, there.  I still have one level two book to finish before I start these, but I think I'm going to do them concurrently this time, instead of one after the other.  Most of the online teachers I follow say to spend about 5 minutes practicing sight reading, and that one little exercise per day doesn't even come close.  

Other than that, piano practice is, like everything else right now, going slowly.  All of the teachers say you go through slumps like this, and you'll want to quit, but keep plugging away and the motivation will return.  That's basically what I'm doing right now.  It feels like I'm just going through the motions at this point, but really, I feel that way about everything.  Even blogging.  

In other news, I got me a new toy.  I'd been seeing them at the store for a while now, but thought they wanted too much money for them.  Yesterday, I saw them on clearance for nearly half off, so I got one. 

I like to look at videos on YouTube while I'm laying in bed, and this makes it much easier. I wouldn't say Total Comfort like the package does, but it's a lot better than propping it up on my belly.  

And lastly, if you've read this blog for more than 5 minutes, you've heard me chuntering on about the TV show The Chosen.  Right now, they're up in Midlothian, TX filming season 3.  It's supposed to be released before the end of the year, that's all I know.  This week, they've been filming a big scene with lots and lots of extras.  

People who are there have been posting all over FB about how great the cast has been as far as interacting with fans, extras, etc.  The guy in the middle of this photo is Jonathan Roumie.  He plays the part of Jesus in the show, but he's not the one I want to talk about today.  No, the man I want to talk about is the one on the far left of the photo -- the tall guy with the two fish and five loaves t-shirt on. 

His name is Lee, and I went to college with him.  You know how you say pictures or it didn't happen?  Well, I've got pictures:

Yep, that's him on the left, dressed as a Klingon for a play we did for our school's All School Sing program.  Different groups, mostly fraternities and sororities, would put on short musical programs.  Ours that year was a mashup of Star Trek, Star Wars, and a little bit of Twilight Zone thrown in for good measure.  It was a lot of fun to do.  Funny thing, it was 35(ish) years ago, and I still remember every word to every song in that play.  Me, who can't even remember my own name half the time....

Yes, I did share this photo with him on his FB post.   

But that's not the important part.  The important part is, I know someone personally who has met Jonathan Roumie!  And presumably others in the cast, though he didn't post pictures of them.  

Don't envy me my exciting life...


No comments: