Wednesday, June 15, 2022

I Caved

 I did it.  I caved and cast on a hat.

I'm not sure if I'll do some sort of pattern or just a plain stockinette hat.  Given the colors are a bit feminine, I might just try to come up with some sort of simple pattern that won't get lost in the variegation.  The yarn is Red Heart (obviously) in the colorway piñata.  I'm not sure where I got it -- if this is some I bought or some my friend Peggy sent to me.  

Knitting is a bit difficult at the moment, as is piano practice.  See, I did something to my finger last weekend when I was working out in the yard, only I don't know what.  I didn't notice it until Sunday afternoon when it began to feel a bit stiff.  You can see there, that my knuckle on finger #3 is swollen.  

It's pretty painful, too, especially if I move it wrong or try to bend it too much.   I don't remember doing anything to it, or being bitten or stung but I put some Benadryl ointment on it just in case.  I've also been icing it down several times a day -- actually, I just stick it into my cooler at work from time to time, so it's getting a bit better, but it still...

I tried practicing my piano yesterday evening, and by the time I got through with my Hanons, I was like, "Nope.  This ain't happening."  

I probably ought to go ice it down again, so here I leave you with a little something to brighten your day. 

If you enjoyed that, you should check out some of their other videos.  As for me, I have an appointment with an ice bag.  


Laters.   

No comments: