Saturday, March 05, 2022

This Cat Of Mine

 This cat of mine.  

She does more than just lay on the keyboard criticizing me.  She also hunts.  Then she brings me the things she's caught.  Some days, the things she's caught, that she brings into the house, to give to me....aren't dead.

Today was just such one day.  She brought ... I'm not even sure what it was.  It had a short tail like a vole, but it was huge -- almost rat sized.  She brought it into the house and let it go.  It promptly ran behind the love seat, and oh, boy!  I got to go rat hunting in my living room!  Yippee!

At least this one was too big to run behind the entertainment center.  I finally cornered it, and bludgeoned the thing to death with the butt of my BB gun.  The cat and I then had a long talk about her job performance.  

In other news, I got an email from Photobucket.  Apparently, they'd moved to a new server, or sold the site or something, and I needed to reactivate my account.  I did, even though I hadn't used Photobucket in so long, I'd plumb forgotten I even had an account.  

I also forgot I used to draw, and I wasn't half bad at it.  I could have been better, but I wasn't too bad.  In fact, the whole reason I started this blog way back in 2005 was to host my sketches.  It was originally titled Sketches And More, but I thought that was a dumb name.  Somewhere along the line, I hosted a contest to come up with a new one, and the winning entry was what is now the current name of the blog.  

It was meant to showcase my Fine art:

my Martial art:

(My sensei and I -- I'm pretty sure this is the day I got my black belt.)

and my Fiber art:

(Rona Shawl, pattern from Knit Picks -- which is apparently no longer available.  This was given to my sister for Christmas.)

It was kind of fun seeing things I'd completely forgotten about.  I might share more of it sometime in the future.  

The only other thing I did today was to start some of my wildflower seeds, but they don't look like anything yet.  I put seeds in 66 peat pellets, and still have a ton of them left.  Seeds,  I mean.  Not pellets.  I have an old tire in the shed which I've been thinking about turning into a planter for years.  Maybe this will be the year.  Maybe it won't.  

Who knows?  

That's about all I have for today, so here is your Texas History moment, for Day 12 Of The Siege.  





No comments: