Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Spring!

 Happy first day of Spring!

Meteorological Spring, that is.  And in honor of the occasion, I've got my first daffodil blooming!


Sorry about my phone's shadow.  I tried every which way to take the picture without getting it in there, but just couldn't do it.   To make up for that slight, here is a jonquil, too. 

It's the only one I've got blooming, but hey, we take what we can get.    

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day, totally befitting the first day of Spring.  After work, I got out into the shed and got that old baker's rack out and put it onto the front porch.  All my babies are right at home on it. 


While I was doing that, I noticed some of my bluebonnet seedlings had roots growing out through the bottoms of their peat pellets and they looked like they were starting to dry out.  I got a little of my Miracle Gro sphagnum moss and put it into the bottom of the box.  


I dampened the moss just a teeny bit, then nestled the peat pellets down into it, making sure the roots were covered. Hopefully, that will keep the roots from dying, and maybe perk some of the struggling ones a bit.  We shall see. 

And now, since 1836 was a leap year and 2022 isn't,  you get an extra Texas History moment today.  Just pretend it's February 29 for two minutes:


And here is your Texas History moment for March 1st:


I reckon that's it for today.  Unfortunately, nothing exciting is happening in my world right now, so the blog is a bit dull.  

Unless you want to hear me gripe about work, I mean.  And I'm just not up for that today.  

Maybe tomorrow... 

No comments: