Sunday, March 13, 2022

Snow Day, Lazy Day

 After waiting all winter long, after getting lots of sleet and ice, we finally got some snow.  Real snow!  Woo hoo!

It started Friday night, and by morning, we had a good little blanket of it.  Not enough for snow ice cream, but enough to make things beautiful for a moment. 

Since I'd gotten most of the household chores done on Friday, I decided I'd just be lazy and enjoy the snow.  And by "enjoy the snow" I mean looking at it through the window while drinking coffee in front of a nice fire in my wood stove. 

After getting out and taking some photos, that is. 


 Most of it had melted by noon, but it was nice while it lasted.  

By the way, the house across the street still hasn't sold, but I saw a realtor showing someone around it Thursday.  I have no idea what's going on with the house next door.  The For Sale sign is long gone, but there are absolutely no signs of life over there.  I guess he's just going to let it sit empty for now.  

Anyway, I spent my day watching TV, playing the piano, and knitting.  I got the sock heel turned and the gusset stitches picked up, which is my least favorite part of sock knitting. 

I'd balked so much about doing those, I knit another square into my sock yarn blanket.  I'm just having a hard time sitting still long enough to knit these days.  It seems there's always so much stuff I need to be doing, I can't relax enough to just sit and knit.  

Even now...I still have those two phone calls I need to make hanging over my head.  One to the plumber, and one to the oral surgeon.  I don't know why I get so blocked at the need to make phone calls, but I do.  And before you say anything, yes I've checked Angi's List, and Thumbtack.  There is no one local on either of those.  Well, there is one on Angi's List, but he never answered my phone calls when I did work up the strength to make them, so I'm not giving him my business now.  

Anyway, at this point, I'm pretty sure my PVC is cracked and mud is getting into my sewer lines, which is aggravating, because I'd just had it all replaced in 2015.  It cost me a pretty penny, too.  More than I can afford to pay right now, especially since I'm going to have to have oral surgery soon.  

Now, I'm depressed.  I need me some nanner puddin.  

No comments: