Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sunday Hymn And Some Other Stuff



First of all, your Sunday Hymn in Cajun. 


And now, on to the other stuff.  The last piano book I ordered arrived yesterday. 


It was recommended by my Online Piano Teacher Tim, but very little of it makes sense to me.  Question for my experienced musicians:  how important is it to know the scales and arpeggios?  The names of them, I mean.  Do I really have to know that this is the key of whatever?  Or is it enough just to know that it has an F#, for instance?  While we're on the subject, how important is theory anyway?  I know I need to know basic theory, but do I really need to know sevenths, and roots, and inversions and all?  

Hopefully, when this stuff is all over, and work picks up a bit, I can afford real lessons from a real teacher.  Then, maybe I can actually learn to play.  

Well, this weekend's big project was to finish getting the snake room cleaned out.  The first thing I did was to drag everything out into the living room.  This was what was left:



I sifted and sorted, and threw stuff away, but I'm afraid most of it just got stuffed into a plastic box and shoved into my shed.  To be sorted later, I tell myself.  At least it's out of the house, and my snake room can be walked into again. 


I still have a bookshelf and my computer desk to get organized, and my tool shelf as well.  Seriously, I'm considering selling my computer desk, since I'll probably never get another desk top computer.  I can replace it with a writing desk, which will suit me much better.  

Speaking of snakes, Sunny has refused his last three feedings.  This worries me, as usually he never misses a meal.  On the other hand, he is 16 years old, after all, and a pet shop snake at that.  He may just be getting close to his time.  

I wish I had something more exciting to tell you about, but I'm afraid this is it.  Oh, I did find some buried treasure amidst all that cleaning.  


These days, those are worth their weight in gold. 

And finally, I got my Mother's Day phone call from Cody.  I asked him how work is going.  He said sales are low, but they're paying them what they were averaging per month before all this started.  Tennessee is opening, but the mayor of Memphis still has them under a stricter lock down order, so they aren't getting much business.  

He also said he's been seeing a girl, and he wants me to meet her.  I told him to give me fair warning, so I can figure out how to act like a normal human being.  Or try to, at least.

But hey, if I don't scare her off, I might just get some grandkids after all!  




No comments: