Thursday, May 14, 2020

Dicsombobulated

It's day three of having to wear masks at work.  I sure hope The Big Man Up Front gets over this before it really gets hot in the plant.  Today was miserable, and it's only mid-May.  One of my coworkers keeps pointing out how small the virus is, and that those masks won't block it.  I pointed to my face and said, "This thing doesn't even block grass pollen -- ask me how I know --, it's sure not going to block something that you need an electron microscope to see!"  

Grass pollen has been high lately, too.  

Speaking of, did you see what Elon Musk pulled?  It was brilliant!  If you haven't, the guys sum it up nicely here:  


It works for someone like him.  If I were to challenge the mask rule at work, I'd just end up losing my job.  Sigh...

This schedule change at work has me totally discombobulated.  I do not like going to work with it already light outside.  I haven't done that in years!  Not consistently, at least.  I have no idea what day it is, or what time it is.   I get home, eat a little late lunch, peruse Facebook a bit.  Suddenly, I fly into a panic, thinking, "Oh my, I need to get into the shower and get ready for bed!"  It feels so late in the day, but when I look at the clock, it's 4:30.    It has me totally thrown off.  

On the bright side, I have a few little things happening in my wildflower bed.


I just hope they can get established before the grass and weeds take over.  

You know, I'm not sure who is doing more damage to my yard, the chipmunks


or the dogs trying to dig up the chipmunks.  


I set my live trap back out, and in the last two days, I've caught two of the little buggers.  I carried them way out into the woods behind the house and sent them on their merry way.  

To chipmunk heaven.

I know this is kind of short, but insomnia hit hard last night.  I'm going to wrap it up for now and head to bed a bit early...wait, it's only 5:30...sigh...




No comments: