Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Random Thoughts Of A Tuesday Evening

1.  Today was the day.  The Big Man Up Front (BMOF) finally got approval from the home office in Dallas to require masks at work.  Sigh....  

2.  I'm debating on whether to make one out of my Navy material, or just keep wearing the disposable masks they're handing out.  If I make one of the ones that you can put a filter inside it, I can still wear it when I'm cutting the grass, even after all this is over. 

 3.  I'll be glad when it is all over.  

4.  I'll tell you what, I've been watching what's been going on around the country, and I'm really thankful for my governor, Tate Reeves.  I haven't agreed with everything he's done, but he's done what he feels is best for our state.  His decisions are driven by the data, and he doesn't even roll out a one size fits all policy for the state.  He breaks it down by the counties which are affected the worst. 

5.  One of my friends posted this photo on his Facebook.  I asked him if I could download a copy.  Can you find me?


6.  My brother is two years older than I am.  When he was 5, my mother sent him off to kindergarten at Cove Baptist Church, because there wasn't a kindergarten in the public school system back then.  He'd come home and teach me everything he'd learned that day.  I enjoyed it so much, my mother sent me to kindergarten the next year, when I was only 4.  Because I was so young, I didn't graduate at the end of the year.  Those of us who were going to go through another year of kindergarten are the ones in front wearing the bows in stead of the caps.  

7.  I was at work today, and shortly before lunch, I suddenly got a chill.  There I was, feeling my face, trying to see if I was running a fever, when I saw my coworker next to me turn her fan off and put her jacket on.  "Are you cold?" I asked her, relieved that it wasn't just me.

8.  What with all this going on, I've gotten somewhat paranoid.   Every time I'm feeling blah, I have to wonder...have I got the zoodies, or is it the 'rona?  Or is someone just mowing somewhere?  

9.  Hypothetically speaking, if I were an entity, say a government or a billionaire, and I wanted to "reduce overpopulation," I wouldn't be doing it by mandating vaccines or funding vaccination programs in poverty stricken areas.  Smallpox, polio, measles, diptheria -- they killed way more people than vaccines ever have.  What I'd do, hypothetically speaking, would be to BAN vaccines, not mandate them.  Set them diseases free and let them work their evil.  That's what I'd do.

10.  Just to be clear, I do not think the world is overpopulated and the global population needs to be reduced.  I'm just trying to illustrated how ridiculous these antivaxxers are when they claim vaccines are mandated to kill people off.  Why go to all the expense of developing vaccines to deliberately kill people when smallpox did a much better job, and it was already here?  

 11.  I guess that's it for now.  






No comments: