Monday, May 04, 2020

First Day

It was our first day back on 8 hour shifts, and it was wonderful!  I left work, went to the store -- because I didn't dare go on First Friday Of The Month -- and still made it home before 4:00.  I put my groceries away, filled my bird feeders, watched an episode of Call The Midwife, and started Beecham House, practiced my piano for a good long while, and still have time to blog.  Can you believe it? 

Despite it being a short shift, compared to what I had been working, the work day still seemed to last forever.  Mainly because we didn't have any work.  I'm not sure what's going on out there.  They just don't have any parts ready for us to braze.  I only brazed 68 headers all day long.  Normal is between 250 and 300.  I was soooo bored.  When the parts stager handed me an 8 piece order to do, I squealed like a kid on Christmas morning, and bounced back to my stand singing, "I have a work!  I have a work!" 

It almost brought a tear to my eye...

I was thinking, with these shorter shifts, getting off at 2:00 instead of 4:00, I can take piano lessons from a real teacher!  I'll have to wait until the economy picks back up, though, so I can afford to pay for them.  Things are a bit tight right now.  But still, I've been doing my Alfred's courses, but I think I could benefit from an actual teacher.  Speaking of, I'm finally almost done with book one, and have been cheating a little, and playing ahead in book two.   

Finally, as if 2020 wasn't Jumanji-ish enough, now we have a new threat to worry about...


Hmmm, I'm getting an idea...if ever I get married again, instead of releasing the kraken...



No comments: