Sunday, May 17, 2020

Pathetic

I'm so pathetic.

How pathetic am I?  I'll tell you.  I needed to mow.  For about a week, I've needed to mow, but I was out of gas for my lawnmower.  

Every day at work, I'd tell myself when I got home, I'd get my gas can out of the shed and go fill it up, so I could mow.  But every day when I got home, I'd tell myself let me just sit down for a minute.  I'll go after I eat.  After I watch such and such show.  After this...after that...and before I knew it, it would be time to start getting ready for bed, and I still hadn't gone and gotten gas.  

Friday is when I usually go into town for errands and my weekly resupply run.  This week was no different.  The plan was to go get groceries, and after I got home, I'd my gas can and go back out to get gas.  Yeah, deep down inside, I knew that wasn't going to happen.  So, I went to the store -- and this is where the patheticness comes in -- I actually put a brand new gas can into my buggy, thinking I could stop and get gas on the way home, and wouldn't have to go back out for it.  Seriously, I was going to spend $15 on a second gas can that I didn't even need, just so I wouldn't have to leave the house again.  

Now, tell me that's not the most pathetic thing you've ever heard. 

Anyway, there I was, walking all over Walmart with a gas can in my buggy, so I wouldn't have to leave the house again when I got home... just before I went to check out, I came to my senses and put the gas can back.  After getting home and unloading my groceries, I put the gas can in the back of my car, and got gas Saturday on the way home from work.    


Back to Friday, while I was in the local Walmart, I hit the jackpot.


I still haven't found deer corn, though.  I guess I'll have to go to Tractor Supply.  They usually have it.  

Speaking of my deer, I saw my mama doe and her twins a few days ago.  Neither of the twins have nubbins, so I'm assuming they're both girls.  I should have a new crop of fawns here before too much longer.  

In other news, we have a second confirmed case of coronavirus in the plant.  I'm sure they'll have a meeting tomorrow to tell us what's going on.  Right now, all I'm hearing is rumors.  Some are saying the girl felt sick, and went and got tested, then came to work until her test results came back.  Others are saying she started feeling sick after she got to work, then left and got tested, then called and said her results were positive.  That second scenario makes much more sense, but you know how people talk.  

Of course, that means we'll have to be wearing those awful masks a few more weeks.  I was so hoping The Big Man Up Front would get over that before summer gets here for real.  If not, he'll have people falling out left and right.  More so than usual, I mean. 

And now, for a bit of good news,  I finally saw a hummingbird at my feeder!  It was a ruby throated male.  I know they've been feeding, because I've had to refill it several times, but this is the first time I've actually managed to see one. 

And finally, we have our first named storm of the year.  Meet Arthur:  

Image may contain: cloud, sky, ocean, water, outdoor and nature

We just can't catch a break, can we?  

No comments: