Wednesday, May 06, 2020

And Just Like That...Again

Guess what happened at work today?  Go on guess!  Betcha can't guess...

If you said they told us to go back to 8 hour shifts, give yourself a chocolate!  Yep, just like that, I'm back to going in from 6:00 - 2:00.  

Sometimes I feel like one of those paddle ball things, you know, where you keep slapping the ball back and forth.  I told my coworker the set button on my alarm clock is going to get worn out before this is all over.  

To make matters worse, Blogger is still screwing up their site.  Sheesh, haven't you ever heard of the keep it simple, stupid premise?  Just to resize a picture now takes three clicks, instead of just the one.  It's almost enough to make me migrate to Wordpress.  

OK, enough of that.  As promised, here are the Zoom Loom squares I promised to show you yesterday.


But, you may ask, why would I start weaving a bunch of new squares when I already have a bag full?  


Simple, because weaving them is much more fun than sewing them together!  But this time, I'm going to try something different.  I'm going to sew them together as I go.  My rule is, I have to join the square I just finished before I can weave another one.  I may even get a few out of the bag and add them.  I'm also deliberately leaving my tails a little long, so I can use them for sewing.   I'll keep you updated on how that goes. 

There has also been knitting.  



There is good news on the horizon.  Another state has announced it's loosening its lock down restrictions.   I was going to give you a big, long spiel about what the purpose of the shelter in place orders were, and blah, blah, blah, but then I found this gem by that explains it so much better than I could.

In which Bill provides the voice of reason, and gets a bit wound up in the end.


I know, I know, some of you are out there thinking, "I'm not coming out until it's 100% safe."  In that case, you'll be holed up forever, because "Until it's safe" means never

No comments: