Thursday, May 31, 2018

Is It Really Necessary?

Every day at work, I tell myself, "When I got off work, I'm going to go to the store and get some more mulch and finish mulching my flower beds."  All day I tell myself that.  All day, I plan on going to the store when I get off.  Once I get off work, sitting in my car waiting for traffic to clear, I tell myself, "Eh, that mulch can wait until tomorrow."  Every day. 

Here lately, I've gone so low as to begin asking myself, "Is mulch really necessary?"   After all, the flower bed seems to be doing fine without it...at least until the weeds take over.


Speaking of weeds, it seems they have taken over my wildflower bed.


There are a few things growing in there, but most of it just looks like grass.  I'm going to just let that side go, and if something ends up blooming, good.  If not, no big loss.  I'll just claw it all up and get it ready for next year.  I think this is the last time I'm going to try to plant seeds.  They just don't work for me, and I could put so much more in that bed. 

On a more pleasant note, my moss roses are doing really well, despite the grass constantly trying to creep into bed with them.


So is my chupacabra. 


My brachiosaur has good days and bad days.  One one of its good days, I'll try to get a new picture for you. 

In other news, there has been actual knitting happening.  One of my friends has decided she wants to put together blessing bags for the homeless.  She wants to put a hat or scarf or mittens in each bag, and has asked for volunteers to help knit them.  You know I'm all over the hat knitting.  This is one I whipped out Sunday and Monday while watching my Memorial Day movies.


I got all the way to the crown decreases, then had to put this hat on hold.  Why?  My DPNs were still in this hat that I started for the Little Hats, Big Hearts program.  I guess I'd better stay off Facebook and spend more time knitting, huh?


Finally, if I had a hypothetical boyfriend and someone asked my hypothetical boyfriend, "Why Becky?" and my hypothetical boyfriend shrugged and said, "Why not Becky?", I wouldn't have a hypothetical boyfriend any more. 

Just sayin'...


No comments: