Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Just Checking In

No, I have not fallen off the face of the Earth, in case you were wondering.

I've just been working long hours, and there doesn't seem to be much to say. 

I went to the store, after debating whether to go today or tomorrow.  I knew I didn't want to go Friday -- before a holiday weekend.  It would be a madhouse.  I was thinking...then I decided to go ahead and get it over with, so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.  Halfway there, I realized today is Tuesday.  I'd been thinking it was Wednesday.  Sigh...One can only hope the ice cream holds out...

While I was there, I bought an antenna, hoping I would be able to pick up PBS.  Sunday is the National Memorial Day concert, and I've only missed it once -- the year they switched to all digital broadcasts.  After 15 years (more or less), my set top rabbit ears wouldn't pick up PBS any more.  Actually, they wouldn't pick up much of anything any more.  Even after I switched to a supposedly digital antenna, I couldn't get anything but FOX.  That fall, I got cable and haven't missed it since. 

Earlier this month, I had my cable cut off.  Today, it hit me.  The concert was this Sunday!  THIS Sunday!  I had to do something!  I did. 


I got an antenna, brought it home and eagerly hooked it up.  I did the channel scan and...nothing.  Thinking I'd messed it up somehow, I did another channel scan.  Again, nothing. 

Not one single channel. 

I took the antenna into the bedroom and hooked it to that TV, since it's newer, and ran a channel scan.  No dice.  Nothing.  Seriously.  Before the switch to digital I could pick up everything except CBS with set top rabbit ears.  Now I can't get anything.  Zilch.  Zippo.  Nada. 

One can only hope to find a live stream of it somewhere.  I sure would hate to miss it. 

And that there antenna is going right back to the store tomorrow. 


 

No comments: