Tuesday, May 01, 2018

I Did It, Part 2

I went down to the cable office this afternoon, turned in my boxes, and had my TV service cut off.  The lady asked if I was moving, and I told her, "No.  I just don't watch TV enough to justify paying for it."  She didn't even argue.  She just asked if I wanted to keep my internet.  Of course, I said, "Yes, Ma'am."  She did try to sell me an upgraded internet plan, but I told her I wanted to hold off on that.  I said, "If I start going over, I'll call and upgrade." 

I don't see that happening, though.  I already stream a lot and have never even come close to going over my plan.  But I'll keep an eye on it anyway, just in case.

The best part was when she told me what my new monthly bill would be.  I'm saving over $100 per month by cutting off my cable.  Even with my Hulu upgrade, it's still a net savings of $60 per month.  I'm loving that!

Speaking of Hulu, I should have done this years ago.  Even streaming live TV, the picture is so much clearer than with cable, and guess what?  I have a DVR!!  I can record the shows I no longer watch -- since I have to get up at 3:00 AM I don't stay up that late-- and watch them on my big TV instead of peering at my laptop screen. 

I'm still poking around and finding what all I have on there, but I have a sneaking suspicion I won't miss my cable at all. 

And now for a bit of humor.  One of my friends posted this and I had to share it with you.







No comments: