Wednesday, May 23, 2018

New Things

Well, I second guessed myself all day today.  I thought, "Maybe I just need to get a digital converter box, then my antenna will work."  But no, my new TV in the bedroom isn't supposed to need a box, so that wasn't it.  Still, I went back and forth -- should I or shouldn't I try a converter box?  In the end, I took my antenna back to the store, and despite Wal-Mart's so called hassle free return policy, the lady behind the counter sure acted like it was a hassle for me to return something.  I remained polite and calm, reminding myself that she had probably had a rough day and was just as tired and frustrated as I was, and we got the deal done.

I was going to pick up a couple of bags of mulch while I was there, but by the time I finally got through at the customer service desk, storms were starting to roll in, and I just wanted to come home.  I really do need to finish mulching my flower beds.  I also need to mow, but that ain't happening either.  At least, not today.  Storms, remember? 

A couple of days ago, I was looking for something on Amazon -- I can't even remember what -- and found a new Billy and Blaze book that I didn't know existed.   I was so excited, I didn't even hesitate.  I hit the one click button right away.


I loved the Billy and Blaze books when I was a kid, and have all of them -- except this one.  As soon as I'd ordered it, I thought, "Hmmm, I'll bet when I get it and read it, I'll remember it."  The book arrived today, and sure enough, once I started reading, I thought, "Oh, yeah, I do remember this one."  At least now my collection is complete, even though most of them are paperback versions.  And since that I'm no longer a struggling single mom trying to raise a child with no help from his father, I'll gradually be replacing them with hard back versions.  If you want dibs on the paperbacks, speak now or forever hold your peace.  OK, not necessarily forever.  Still, if you're interested, just let me know, and I'll be happy to pass them along to a fellow book and horse lover.

I also found this while in Wal-mart.


I've kind of changed my decorating theme for my bedroom.  Instead of lighthouses and sailboats, it's going to be lighthouses, compass roses, and old maps.  I've found an antique looking world map on Amazon that I want to buy.  A couple of them, actually.  I just need to decide which one to get.  Then figure out where to hang all this stuff. 

That's the fun part.



No comments: