Sunday, May 27, 2018

More New Things

This'll be quick, because I found out PBS will be livestreaming the National Memorial Day concert on their YouTube channel, so Yay!  I didn't need that stupid antenna after all.  But I did want to show you the new things I got, since I was too lazy to post yesterday.

I debated all day at work whether to run up to Lowe's in Batesville when I got off.  They have their mulch on sale for $2 bag.  I kind of wanted to go, but I kind of wanted to come home and take a nap.  As soon as I got into my car, it started raining.  I took that as a sign and just came on home.

Where I found this waiting on me.


It's the world map I'd ordered for my bedroom, and get this, it's stretched canvas, not just a poster print!  I love it!  Now, to figure out where to hang it.  The choices are here between the door and the closet. 


or here on this wall. 


 My only hesitation in hanging it there is that the clock is a map, too, and I don't want two maps so close together.  The solution would be to hang the big map closer to that window (which will eventually have a curtain over it), and put a few other things closer to the corner.  A compass rose, or a lighthouse or something.

I still have these lighthouse posters my sister sent me for Christmas in '16.  I want to hang them in the space between the door and the closet, but I need to get them framed or mounted somehow. 



They are such an odd size that it'll have to be a custom job, and that can run into some money.  The plan is to hang them diagonally in that space, then put maybe a small compass rose -- like the one I bought last week -- in the corner, so to speak. 

Well, only 8 minutes until the concert.

Gotta go!



No comments: