Thursday, May 10, 2018

Tonight!


This is it!  Tonight is the night!  The moment we've all been waiting 8 long years for!

It's the wedding of the century!  Not Charles and Diana, or William and Kate, or even Harry and What'shername.  No, tonight is the night Sheldon and Amy officially become The Shamy.  Whee!  I can hardly wait!!!

Or, if you don't watch The Big Bang Theory, it's Thursday.

Needless to say, blogging will be light and the post will be short.  I just wanted to show you a few solutions I've come up with.  First one: I really wanted to hang both my hanging plants from the hooks I have on my porch.  In order to do that, I'd moved my hummingbird feeder to the other side of the car port, but they just weren't feeding from it.   I put it back on the porch hook, but then I had to set one of my baskets on the ground, which I didn't like. 

A couple of days ago, I remembered my neighbor had given me one of those plant poles shortly after I'd moved in.  It's been in my shed ever since, because I just didn't have any use for it.   I stuck it into the ground right beside the porch and hung the feeder on it. 


We'll see if the birds find it there.  I hope so.  At least it'll be easier to refill, because I'm short, you know. 

Unfortunately, the slugs have already found my marigolds.



I put some poison out, but I don't really like using it.  If the toads eat a poisoned slug, they might die, too, and I don't want that to happen.  As much as I love my marigolds, if I can't find a way to control the slugs without harming my toads, I may have to give them up.  BTW, I have gigantic slugs around here.  I'm talking 4 - 5 inches long.  Seriously.  Sometimes they get inside (I don't know how) and get into the dog food and slug all over my kitchen.  It's really fun stepping on them at 3 in the morning.

OK, now that you're all thoroughly squicked out, here is another solution I've come up with.  I'd had this other hanging basket with a viola in it on the East side of the car port, but I didn't think it was getting enough sun there.  After 2 1/2 years of living here, I suddenly realized, "Hey, I have that hook on the mailbox post." 


Oh, I knew the hook was there.  I've even contemplated putting a plant on it before.  I've just never done it.  Now, I have.  After the heat kills that viola back, I may try some of those ivy begonias.  Is that what they're called?  If I can find them, that is.  I looked the other week and didn't see any.  Oh well, I'll find something to put there.

I got home today to find that man finally got his tomatoes into the ground. 


Oh boy!  Tomato sandwiches!  It was all I could do not to walk barefoot through that freshly tilled soil.  Which reminds me, I need to get some more mulch and finish mulching my front flower beds. 

How tomatoes reminds me of mulching is beyond me, but they do.  I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things.

Well, that's about all I've got for today.  Now, if you will excuse me, I have a wedding to get ready for. 

No comments: