Thursday, January 05, 2017

Second Day

Today was my second day back at work.  No, wait...is it the third?  Or the 25th or 47th?  I don't even know any more.  It feels like I've been there forever.  And they aren't even giving us any time to ease back into the routine before scheduling us to work Saturday.  I, for one, will be glad to get some overtime checks again.  My group leader tried to talk my supervisor into letting me start coming in early again, but he said they won't give him authorization for that.  He did say I can come in half an hour early.  That's all they'd let him do.  So, I'm going to start going in at 6:30 in the morning. 

So, there I was at work, just a working away...I went to tubing to check something on the computer when one of my coworkers told me I had some pretty lips. Okaaay...No, that's not weird at all.  I said, "I don't think anyone has ever told me that before."  Then she told me that I remind her of her mother.  Okaaaaay....she's 10-ish years older than me, and black.  That didn't make it any less weird.  But she's a really sweet lady, so I'll cut her some slack. 

You know that new shower curtain I put up just a few short weeks ago?  I was really disappointed in it.  It's only a couple of months old, yet the image is already starting to peel off of it.


I can stand there in the shower and run my fingernail down the plastic, and all the print just peels off, like sunburned skin.


Boo!  Once I get that first overtime check, I'm going to go on Amazon or somewhere and find a new one. I can pay a little more and get a better quality curtain.  The one I have is just a cheap thing from Wal-mart.  Then I've got to get back to trying to decorate it.  The bathroom, that is.  Not Wal-mart. 

Remember how much I griped about painting the paneling in my bedroom?  Somebody knock me upside the head, because I'm starting to get the urge to paint my living room.  Seriously, somebody knock me upside the head, and keep knocking me upside the head until the urge goes away.

The good news is,  my living room is about the same size as my bedroom, so it won't be a whole lot more work to paint it.  The other good news is, I've got to build my bank account back up, so it won't be happening any time soon anyway.  Plus, I still have to get my bathroom and bedroom finished.  So, there is that.

When I got home from work this afternoon, I found a lovely little surprise in my mailbox.  My mother in law sent me some wool socks!  


Realtree wool blend hiking socks.  And just in time for the cold weather! 

Thank you, Dawn! 


No comments: