Monday, January 30, 2017

Going To The Store

Normally, I go to the store on Fridays, when I have to go into town to do all my payday errands anyway.  This past Friday, I didn't go because...well, I can't remember why, but I didn't go.  No worries.  I had plenty of milk.  I'd just go Saturday after work.

Saturday was a beautiful day.  Sunny, blue skies, cool breezes.  I left work, got into my car and started driving.  I got almost home when I looked around and said, "What am I doing here?  I was supposed to go to the store."  Oh, well.  I'll go home, change clothes, then go to the store.  But, you know me.  Once I'm home, I'm home.  Needless to say, I didn't go to the store Saturday, either.

Today was one of those Murphy's Days at work.  Whatever could go wrong did.  We had a lot of people out, and Group Leader Theresa came and asked me, "Are you going to need [the other sub-brazer] over here?" 

"YES!" I replied. 

"Well, I'm going to move her over there," Theresa said.  Um, why'd you even ask if you weren't going to listen to what I said?  She's bad about that. Saturday she asked me if I knew how to do such and such job.  I told her no, and she told me to go down and do the job I'd just told her I didn't know how to do. 

Back to today, stuff just kept going wrong, which meant they had to skip a few orders.  That put the sub brazers behind from the get go.  I jokingly told Theresa, "This is how you give your brazers gray hair!"  Not much she could do about it, though.  We can't send bad parts out the door, you know. 

Eventually, Murphy's day finally came to a close.  I went out to my car and just sat there for a long time debating whether I really needed the things I said I needed from the store -- mainly milk.  My life seems to revolve around when the milk jug and the dog food bag runs dry.  Did I have enough milk for breakfast?  Maybe I'd just skip milk with my breakfast.  Maybe I could go tomorrow.  Maybe tomorrow would be a better day at work.  Then again, maybe tomorrow would be worse. 

I finally told myself that I might as well go and get it over with.   Off to the store I went. 

Sunday afternoon, I watched Captain America: Civil War on Netflix.  I was watching it, and some things just weren't jiving for me.  There were a couple of new characters, and some story inconsistencies that just weren't making sense.  Where did those people come from, and what was going on here?  I asked on Facebook if I'd missed something, and sure enough, some of my friends told me I needed to watch Age of Ultron first.  Well, that explains it.  I hadn't seen Age of Ultron. 

I checked Netflix, but they didn't have it.  I checked Amazon.  They had it to buy, but not to rent.  Since I like to have the physical copies of my movies, while I was at the store this afternoon, I wandered over to the electronics section and found the two movie set. 


I promptly added it to my collection. 

I had several of the Marvel movies, but when Cody left, he took most of them with him.  Now I have to start over.  I have these two and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. 

I think I'm going to turn in early tonight.  I was up late last night watching a documentary on the six wives of Henry VIII. 

Marvel comics and Henry VIII -- that's just who I am. 

No comments: