Sunday, January 01, 2017

Happy New Year!

Last night, we bade farewell to 2016, and pretty much all of us said good riddance to it.  It was a year that was plagued by one celebrity death after another.  I don't know, maybe it was the presence of social media, but it just seemed like an awful lot of my childhood icons passed away, from Carol Brady to Princess Leia, to Shepherd Book, to Father Mulcahy.  Now, I'm normally not one to get wound up over celebrities -- just a quick, "Oh, how sad" and I move on.  There were two that really tore me up, though.  Two that actually wrenched tears from these usually dry eyes.  One was Alan Rickman.  The other was Mike VI.

They will be missed.

Well, since I last posted, I took another road trip.  This time I headed north to meet up with these lovely ladies in what has become an annual tradition.


We talked, we ate delicious food, we knit, we laughed until we cried, then all too soon it was time to go, and many bitter tears were shed at our parting.  We promised to get together next year, and we all made it home safely.

The good news is, I still haven't found any knots in this yarn. 


The sock is coming along nicely, too. 


I finally settled on a simple basket weave pattern.  It's one I've knit before, and I still had the pattern in a binder.   

Yesterday it rained all day long.  I took a bit of time to sort through some boxes I'd put in the snake/craft/computer room -- stuff that'd been waiting to be sorted since I moved into this house.  In one the boxes, I found a booklet that has the hat and scarf pattern I've been hunting for forever.  OK, maybe not forever, but for a long time.  Let's just say, I'd knit the set for my soon to be 17 year old nephew when he was three, and have been looking for the booklet ever since.  You'll be hearing more about that in the days to come.

Now to start your year with some humor.  One of the dogs left a few bits of dog food in the kitchen floor.  I was in there tidying up, and saw it laying there.  Briefly, I wondered how in the world a rabbit got inside the house and pooped in my kitchen. 


I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things.

Just roll with it.  It's what I do.  










No comments: