Tuesday, January 17, 2017

My Bathroom

It's a good thing I got out and moved my spider lily bulbs yesterday, instead of waiting until today.  It was raining when I got up this morning.  It was raining when I went to work.  It was raining when I got off work.  It's raining now.  It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, too.  And Thursday.  And I don't want to talk about it any more.

Since I brought up the subject of my bathroom yesterday, some of you might think I was exaggerating.  So, here are pictures to prove what I was saying.

1.  I know it's hard to see in this picture, but the top half of this wall is about 1/4 inch further back than the bottom half.  It looks like they bent the drywall to make the seams meet.  And, yes, it was stained like that already.


 2.  For some reason, instead of installing the drywall vertically, it seems to have been hung horizontally.  Therefore little lines like this go all the way around the room.  And I do mean, all the way.


3.  The drywall doesn't meet in the corners.   This is the worst one, but none of them are flush.  BTW, this picture is the closest one to the actual color of the walls.


4.  The texturing -- which is awful to begin with -- is very unevenly applied.  You can see here it is very dense. 


Just a few inches away, the wall is nearly smooth. 


5.  Here is an obvious seam between the drywall panels, in addition to the horizontal one going all the way around the room.


As you can see, it's not worth trying to fix what is there, so when I can save up enough money, I'm going to have the whole thing redone.  Completely replace the drywall, get the wiring up to code, and replace the insulation.  I'm sure it has the fiberglass stuff that was popular back in the 60s and 70s.  I want to put that expanding foam insulation in there.  I know it's more expensive, but I think it's worth the money. 

The problem is getting the money.  The good news is, I get to go in early tomorrow to do what we call picking up partials.  What that means isn't really that important to the story.  What is important is overtime.

Yay! 

Besides, who needs sleep anyway? 




No comments: