Thursday, January 19, 2017


There I was at work, just a working away, when my coworker came over and asked, "Did you write a blog yesterday?" 

Truth is, I hadn't, because I was just so tired I couldn't think of anything to say.  It was the worst kind of tired, too.  Not because the work day was so busy.  Quite the opposite.  It was because it was so slow.  I'm the kind of person who likes to stay busy, and days like yesterday are pure torture.  I can't stand just standing around, or trying to find stuff to do.  I want to work.  But that's how it was all day yesterday.  By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was sit in front of the TV and do nothing.  Thus, no post.

I told my coworker no, and she admonished me with a shake of her finger.  You should all be thankful, because if it weren't for her finger wagging, you probably wouldn't be getting a post today, either.  I have been totally discombobulated all day long. 

It all started when I woke up sometime in the middle of the night, and the first thing that popped into my head was, "I was asleep!  I was actually asleep!"  And the day just went down hill from there.

One of my coworkers is expecting a baby early next month, so we are going to have a little baby shower for her.  I was mentioning to another coworker that I had to go to the store this afternoon, and it was raining.  All the way home yesterday, I was telling myself to go to the store, because it was going to be raining today, but I didn't go, so now I have to go.  She asked me what I needed to get, and I said, "A gift for [our coworker]".  The one to whom I was speaking looked at me like I'd lost my mind and said, "You know when the shower is, right?"  I said, "tomorrow."  No, it's next Friday. 

She'd told me the date, but for some reason, I had tomorrow set in my mind.  So, yay, I didn't have to go to the store in the rain.  But that wasn't the end of my discombobulation.  As the work day drew to a close, I started looking for my supervisor to bring our paychecks.  It got closer and closer to quitting time, and still no paycheck.  Where was he with my paycheck???  Oh wait, it's only Thursday.  Sigh...

The good news is, there was a package waiting for me when I got home.  In said package was some yarn my mother in law sent me.

It's a really nice wool acrylic blend, and is so soft.  

It's DK weight, too, which I don't have a lot of.  I'm sure I'll find something to do with it.

Sometime between Tuesday and today, I realized I hadn't shown you the ceiling in my half bath off the master bedroom. It's as bad as the rest of the room. 

Yes, that is an actual hole in the upper right of the photo.  There are also several small bumps like the one at the bottom of the photo, just to the right of the lights.  I'm not even sure what they are.  Someone asked me if the previous owners did this job themselves.   I would have to say yes, because I can't imagine a professional doing this shoddy of a job. 

I know when I get it redone, I will be hiring a professional.  Which is why it hasn't happened yet, because those professionals don't work for free. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to browse patterns for DK weight yarn. 

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails