Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Trading Paint

When I moved into this house, I found several cans of paint in the shed, left by the previous owners.  They'd been sitting there for I don't know how long.  Last weekend, when I was taking my own leftover paint out there, I said to myself, "Self, you ought to do something with that there old paint. Then you could put your own paint up on that shelf."

I was originally going to just throw it away, but then I thought that someone might want it.  I advertised it on the local Free-Bees group, and sure enough, someone very soon piped up and said she wanted it.  Today after work, I took 6 cans of paint to our prearranged meeting place and gave them to her.

Since I was in town already, I said to myself, "Self, you ought to run by that there hardware store and see if they have the hooks you want to hang your Christmas lights up with next weekend."  I headed on towards the hardware store, but as I was coming up on the local closeout store, I got the urge to turn in there. 

"Nah,", I said.  "I don't want to go into Wall's.  I hate that store." 

I started on past, but the urge returned, even stronger this time. 

"Well, I'll just run in for a minute,"  I said.  Wouldn't hurt to see if they had hooks. They didn't have hooks, but they did have the little detail sander I've been wanting, and for only $17!


It was the only one they had, and I pounced on it like a cat pouncing on a mouse.  Except not my cat.  Because she's lazy. 

"I am not," said lazybones.


I brought it home and plugged it in to make sure it works, and it does.  Now, I just need to find something to sand. 

While I was in the closeout store, I picked up some Christmas kleenex and 'Merica Duct tape.


Because Christmas, that's why.

And 'Merica, that's why-er. 

But I still haven't made it to the hardware store.



No comments: