Monday, November 07, 2016

Home Again

Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

Yes, my line at work opened back up today, so we were home again -- well, those of us who didn't get laid off last week.  That would be most of the temps.  They are shutting down a different line to rebuild it and moved those workers over to our line.  No more temps!

That's not exactly true.  We do have a few temps, but it's not like the entire line was staffed with them, the way it's been since it opened back up in January.  I'm telling you, things went a whole lot smoother with experienced workers who actually have a vested interest in doing a good job, as opposed to new people who think, "Why should I care?  I'm just going to get laid off anyway."

I've got a new sub-brazer over there with me, too.  She's been at the plant for several months, but is new to brazing.  I think she's worked out there before, because the first day she walked in, she greeted me by name.  I have no idea who she is or how she knows me, but apparently she does.

Over the weekend, I finished painting my bedroom -- the walls at least.  I still have to paint the framing around the doors and windows and stuff, but that's the easy part.  


You can kind of see my comforter peeking out from under the afghan and the dog's blanket, so you can see how well it matches the paint.   It really makes the room look brighter and more open.  But now I've got all these blank, bare walls that need to be decorated.  That is something I'm simply not good at at all.

I still haven't done anything with my bathroom, other than buy a new shower curtain.


Dolphins in the bathroom.  Lighthouses and sailboats in the bedroom.  Yeah, the sea runs deep in my veins.  I keep telling you my ancestors were Vikings.  One of these days, you'll believe me.

One benefit of moving all my bedroom furniture to paint was that I found the other half of my favorite pair of earrings.


It had been missing since I moved last year, and I was afraid I'd vacuumed it up, or left it in the trailer house or something.  I kept thinking I should toss the remaining earring, but I didn't. Good thing, because when I moved my dresser, there it was.  The missing earring.  Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

Yes, I wore them to work today.

And I probably will again tomorrow, too.




No comments: