Saturday, November 12, 2016

I Reckon

I reckon I really ought to blog.  Since it's been so long and all.  But there really hasn't been anything to blog about -- since I don't usually discuss politics on the blog.  I'm just glad the election is over -- and that's all I have to say about that.

The good news is, I finally finished painting my bedroom.  This weekend it was the trim around my windows and doors.


Let me tell you something, I will never question how much professional painters cost again.  They deserve every penny, because painting is hard work!  I'm done for a while, and I'm glad it's over.  Once I'd touched up the few spots I needed to, I hauled all my painting supplies out to the shed, where they will remain for the near future.

When I looked at my comforter and picked the colors I wanted to use, these looked more tan/brownish.  On the wall, they look more gray.  But, if I hold up a pillow sham up to the wall and the trim, the colors do match almost exactly.  Weird, huh?  But it looks nice, and that's all that matters.

Look, the colors even coordinate with an afghan I crocheted 23 years ago, before I learned to knit.


Tomorrow, I'm going to get my curtains hung back up, and the room will be mostly finished.

Decorating is another matter.  I'm just totally not good at that.  I've found a few things on Amazon that I like and may get.  I think I might get this bookshelf to replace the two smaller shelves I have in there now.




A couple of days ago, one of my knitting friends on Facebook posted a picture of some new yarn she'd found.  It looked really nice, so Thursday when I went into town, I looked for some.  I know I'm not supposed to be buying yarn, but yesterday was my birthday, so I splurged.


I thought maybe I'd knit charity hats out of it, but it's single ply.  I don't trust single play to hold up under hard use, so I cast on a scarf for myself.


I'm using my old standard One Row Scarf pattern.  It's knitting up really nicely.

While I was in the yarn department, I picked this one up, too.


It is really soft and silky, but it's 100% acrylic.  It doesn't feel like it, but it is.

Now, I need to go browse patterns.









No comments: