Friday, November 25, 2016

It's Officially Christmas!

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.  I did, even though it was just me.  I'd asked Cody if he was coming home, and he said, "I'll try"  which is Cody code for "I don't really want to but don't want to hurt your feelings by saying so."  So, I wasn't really expecting him.  I had me a modest little dinner, just turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing out of a box with giblet gravy (that I made), and jello salad.


I keep saying that one year, I'm going to get the hang of cooking a turkey.  This was not that year.  I probably should have taken the tent off sooner to let the skin brown a little more, but it tasted good anyway.  I'm glad they only gave me an 8 lb turkey this time around.  As it is, I'm going to have quite a bit to put into the freezer.  I reckon I really ought to find me a feller to help me eat up all this food I've got stashed away.

The rest of the day was filled with the parade, the National Dog Show, football, and watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.  Oh, and knitting.  I've been working on this scarf, and I must say, I'm very disappointed in the yarn.


I'm not even halfway through the skein and I've already found three knots.  Three!


Even worse, where the knots are interrupts the color changes.  Instead of having the nice, gradual blend like you see in the picture on the band, I have jarring, sudden color changes.  I got so frustrated that I wrapped it all up and stuffed it into a bag in the craft room.  After contacting the Lion Brand company and letting them know how disappointed I was, I picked up my sock yarn blanket and started a new square.


Much better...

Today, I got up and just took it easy most of the day.  My big accomplishment was to get all my Fall decorations down and packed away.  I was amazed at how easily everything went back into the storage box.  I usually have to wrestle, rearrange, and repack several times to get it all back in.  I was pretty pleased when I got it all back in the first go.  Once I'd hauled the box out to the shed and started bringing in the Christmas stuff, I figured out why it all fit back in so easily.  I'd left an entire bag full of stuff on the love seat.  Sigh...

Anyway, this is as far as I got with putting out the Christmas decorations.


I'd scooted the love seat over a little bit to make room for the tree.  I quickly discovered that I hadn't scooted it far enough.  By that time, the dog was sleeping on it, and I didn't want to disturb her.  She's old and cranky, you know.  I had to get on to her for snapping at the cat, who is also old and cranky.

Aaaand that's when any semblance of productivity ground to a halt.

I will try again tomorrow.




No comments: