Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday, Monday

Why dost thou trouble me so?

I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but yes, I messed up some parts at work.  Let me rephrase that...someone else messed up some parts, but I didn't catch it before I brazed the headers up, so that makes it my fault.

I didn't have to stay late.  My group leader said, "How many parts does second shift leave that are wrong?  How many orders do they skip?"  I told her, "I'm not going to be judged on what second shift does.  I'm going to be judged on whether I do, and I'm going to make sure I do right."   She tried to tell me not to stay, but I went over her head to my supervisor and told him I wanted to stay and make sure the parts were re-done -- and correctly this time. That's what I did.

It was 4:00 when I left the plant, but it felt so much later.  The time change,  plus winter coming on, all makes for a very confused internal clock.

Speaking of, I finally broke down and turned my heater on yesterday morning.  It got down into the mid 30s for the last couple of nights, so I felt justified.  Up until now, a little fire in my wood heater has been enough to take the chill off the house.  Now that my bedroom is finished, I need to get back to that big pile of firewood in the back yard.

You know how every house has that one surface where all the clutter collects?  Look, I cleaned mine off!  It makes the kitchen look so much brighter having all that junk off of the bar.


Pay no attention to the junk in my cabinets.  Why on earth anyone would take off the doors of their cabinets is beyond me.  I asked the seller to put them back on, but they didn't have them. They claimed there were no doors on any of the cabinets or closets when they moved in back in the '80s.  That is definitely on the list of my things to rectify.

My scarf is moving right along.


I've already found one knot in my skein of yarn.  That is very disappointing.  FYI, you can't spit splice acrylic, no matter how woolly it feels.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.



No comments: