Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Day Before

It's the day before Thanksgiving, and yes, I had to work.  It seemed like it was the longest day at work ever, but eventually it did come to an end.  Then I had to go to the store.

I debated for a long time whether I really wanted to go or not.  OK, I knew I didn't really want to go to the store on the day before Thanksgiving, but if Cody does come home tomorrow, he's going to want cranberry sauce and Dr Pepper.  Alas, I had no cranberry sauce and Dr Pepper.

I debated some more.  If I did go to the store, he probably wouldn't even come home.  If I figured he wouldn't come home and skipped going to the store, he'd be here bright and early tomorrow morning.  Expecting cranberry sauce and Dr Pepper.  What to do?  What to do?

Then I remembered....

I have no whipped cream for the pumpkin pie.


What is pumpkin pie without whipped cream?  I needed whipped cream.  So, I girded my loins and went to the store.  On the day before Thanksgiving.

Got the Dr Pepper.  Got the whipped cream.  Picked up another gallon of milk and some egg nog while I was there.  But I couldn't find the cranberry sauce.  I went all over the grocery section twice but still couldn't find it.  I considered leaving without it, but I'd already been through so much.  One more trip around the store, and finally I found it.  Cranberry sauce.  There on the top shelf.

I knocked down three little old ladies and climbed up some guy's back and snatched the only can they had left.

OK, not really.  I just got a can, but that isn't as Indiana Jones-ish.  Or as funny.

I got the can of cranberry sauce, checked out, and headed home.  Whereupon I discovered that I'd gotten the wrong kind.  I got whole berry sauce, not the jelly.  Cody likes the jelly.  Not the whole berry sauce.  Too bad.  I'm not going back to the store. He'll just have to eat what I got.

Except he probably won't even come home, since I went through all that just to get his cranberry sauce.

The little twirp.

No comments: