Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tuesday Miscellany

If you're friends with me on Facebook, you may remember me posting about someone's child being an obnoxious little twit.  If you aren't, here is a screen shot of the status in question.


The story is, I go in to work early in order to clean up and set up the front of my line for the day's chaos.  I have several specific things that I do, which I won't go into here, since most of you don't work there and it would all be Greek to you anyway.

Last Wednesday, this kid -- and I use that term loosely because he's the same age as my son-- walks in and plunks his skinny little butt down in my work area and starts doing my job without so much as a by your leave.  I went and asked my group leader what he was doing.  She said he was supposed to be helping on the line, and made him move.

The next day, the same thing.  He walked in at 5:00 AM, and started doing my job again.  This time, I asked him who told him to come in and start doing my job.  He said our supervisor did.  I said, "No, I think he meant for you to be working on the line."  But the kid insisted that he was supposed to be doing my job, so I said, "Well, I'll ask [our supervisor] when he gets here" and went on about my business.

This kid runs crying -- literally crying-- to his mommy, who also works there about the mean old white lady who wouldn't let him do whatever he wanted.  She comes and gets in my face, telling me that if I had a problem with her son, I could take it up with [our supervisor].  I told her that's exactly what I intended to do, and that's exactly what I did do when he got there.  The supervisor told me that the kid was supposed to be helping where he was needed, and I responded that I didn't need him doing my job.  I could handle it fine myself, thankyouverymuch.

When the regular shift started, the kid went to line braze.  Now, I know many of you don't know what that is, but it isn't necessary to the story to know the specifics.  Just roll with it.  The lines have two brazers each.  Each of them brazes specific joints.  Again, just roll with it.  This kid was supposed to be brazing the header joints, while the other line brazer was brazing the florator joints.  He decided he didn't want to braze the header joints, so he started brazing the florator joints, without so much as a by your leave to the other brazer.  They got into a huge argument over that and again, he runs crying to his mommy again.

Truth is, I'd never liked the kid.  All this time, I thought it was just me -- a personality clash, if you will.  After this incident, I talked to a few of my coworkers, and they all agreed that the kid is annoying and obnoxious.  Monday when I got to work, the other sub brazer told me "[Our coworker's] little snowflake quit."  She said he'd quit and gone to work at another local plant -- working for his daddy.  I wonder how that's going to work out.

On to more pleasant news.  When Cody took his bed to his new apartment, I gave him a set of sheets to take with him, as he only had one.  I told him that he could have the matching comforter, too, because I'd planned on getting a new one.    After looking locally, and searching online, I've narrowed it down to these two.  

Lighthouses and Sailboats


And seashells.


One moment, I'm leaning towards the first one, the next, I'm leaning towards the second.  The third moment, I'm leaning towards getting both, and swapping them out periodically.

In between putting up doors and stripping mantles, there has been knitting.


And I started putting out my fall decorations.


My garland is getting a bit bedraggled, but then, it is nearly 10 years old.

I'm trying to watch Michael Weatherly's new show Bull, but so far, it's not gripping me.  I'm thinking about turning it off and watching the rest of it tomorrow afternoon.  After all, 3:30 still comes mighty early, series premiers or not.

No comments: