Tuesday, September 06, 2016

First Day Back

Let me tell you, it sure was hard getting up at 3:30 this morning after being able to sleep in until nearly 8:00 for the last three days.  Once I got to work, it was as if I'd never left.  Same old work station, same old routine, same old unrealistic expectations from my group leader, same old burning myself on a hot piece of copper...you know, the day in - day out drudgery of factory work.

After work, I did indeed run into town and pay some bills, deposit a check, and run by the hardware store.  They had some moulding, but not exactly what I was looking for.  I may run up to Lowe's in Batesville on my next day off.

I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home, though. Well, not so much a surprise, because I bought it myself, and knew it was supposed to arrive today.  But it's still fun getting stuff in the mail.

And what did I get in the mail?  I got my new DPNs that I ordered.


Now I can finally finish that hat that's been laying around for a week.  Since I was ordering anyway, I threw in a hank of Knit Pick's new 100% silk yarn.


It is super soft, shiny, and ...um what's the word?  Oh yeah, silky.

Despite my lack of posting about it, I have been practicing with my dip pen.


I'm getting a little better, but it's still not like I want it.

And I'm still on my Matt Redman kick.  Let me tell you, the husband I don't have is glad he's not married to me, because I've been singing.  And I've been singing loudly.  The Bible says to make a joyful noise, and that's exactly what I've been doing.  Or as my old friend Jeff would say, I'm making a happy racket.

Here is today's offering:




Now, I'm going to go peruse knitting patterns for silk yarn before I head for bed.


No comments: