Saturday, September 24, 2016

I Didn't Have To

When my alarm went off this morning at 2:45, I lay there for a moment, telling myself that I didn't have to go to work today.  I seriously thought about turning the alarm off and going back to sleep.  Then I started thinking about all the things I want to buy, so I dragged my weary bones out of bed and went to work.  By 8:00 AM, I was asking myself, "What was I thinking?"

But, my supervisor said, "I'm glad you came in", and my coworker said, "When I saw your car in the parking lot, I said, 'Thank you, Jesus!'"  It's nice to feel appreciated.

After work, I was going to run by the store and get...something, I don't remember what...but I didn't.  I was hot and tired and just wanted to come home.  The day wasn't a total waste, as I did get my pot of drywall mud out and neatened up that edge by my new bathroom door frame.


Won't be long now, and the door frame will be ready to paint. I think while I have the mud and ladder out, I'll patch some of the holes in the ceiling and start getting it ready to paint.  Once that's done, I'll just have to add crown moulding, and the bathroom will be finished, except for decorating and stuff.

I found this recipe on Facebook this morning.  If I ever get married again, it will be the main dish at my wedding feast.


It will be served after the ceremony which will be conducted in the Black Speech Of Mordor, but before we release the kraken.

Now, I just have to find me a feller.

No comments: