Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pokemon No Go

There's this new phone game called Pokemon Go.  It's a cute concept.  You walk around and find these Pokemon characters and catch them on your phone.    The cool part is, the game turns your phone's camera on and you see the critter right there in your environment.  It's really popular right now.


So, I'm thinking this might be a good way to get me up off my couch and out of the house, right? Wrong.  I should change the name of the game to Pokemon No Go.  So far, the only place I've caught them is at work.  Not during work, no.  I'm not one of those people who spends half the day playing on her phone.  I only get mine out on my lunch break, or if I have to um...sit and think a minute when I go to answer nature.


Even so, I've managed to catch quite a few.  There's one that hangs out in the parking lot, and I usually nab him when I first get there and again when I leave.  Then there is the one that hangs around that blue machine pictured above.   I grab him on my lunch break.  There is one in each bathroom, and the main break room.  I grab them before work if I get there early enough.

The map shows that there are some back in the warehouse.  I keep saying I'm going to go in a little early one day and see if I can nab them before my shift starts, but that hasn't happened yet.  Once the weather starts getting cooler -- like in October-- I'm going to take the dogs out to the lake and see if I can catch some there.  I've also heard churches and colleges are good places to find them, so I'll scout there and see what they have.

Or maybe I won't.  You know what they say about the best laid plans...




No comments: