Thursday, July 07, 2016

A Hot One

I knew it.  As soon as I got in my car, I knew it.



When it's already 81' and it's only 4:34 in the morning, yeah, it was going to be a hot one. Indeed it was.  Before it was all said and done, 5 people had fallen out in the plant.  Seems like every time I turned around, Supervisor Ronny and Supervisor Calvin were rolling the wheelchair out to take someone else to the first aid room.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I only saw 4 of the incidents myself.  A coworker told me that someone on the other side of the plant had also fallen out.  Still, I don't ever remember that many people falling out in one day.  

After they'd toted the third person up to first aid, I told my friend, "People are dropping like flies in this place.  I think I'm going to go home and hide under the covers."

And give thanks for Willis Haviland Carrier.


No comments: