Wednesday, July 06, 2016

It Really Wasn't Monday

Do you remember yesterday how I was saying it felt like Monday all day?  So, last night, I was debating whether to watch TV or just listen to music while I worked on my needlepoint.  I was asking myself, "What comes on TV on Mondays?  I don't usually watch anything on Mondays."  In the end, I decided music would be the preferable option.

About lunchtime today is when it hit me.

Yeah, I can be a little slow on the uptake at times.  I blame getting up at 3:30 in the Ante Meridian for that.  And the holiday throwing me off.  I'm just glad it's in the summer re-run season, because if I'd missed NCIS, I'd have been upset.  But not too upset.  As my son pointed out, everything you want to watch can be found online these days --Amazon, iTunes, Hulu, Vudu... and most of the networks will have the shows up on their websites the next day.  It's not like the old days when if you missed a show, you just missed it.

Speaking of my son, he texted me today and said he's going to try to come home this weekend and get his bed.  I guess that means I need to get the laundry off of it, huh?

Before I rush off to fold laundry, here is an update on the hot pink hat.


It's almost to the point where I can start the crown decreases.  I'm knitting these on Knit Picks Caspian needles.  They're like the harmony ones, only in shades of blue.


I found a couple of dead spiders in my kitchen.  When I got the broom to sweep them up, I discovered that one of them wasn't dead.  With the help of my Teva sandal, it soon was.

Yeah, that's me.  A spider crawls out, "Sorry, creepy, I'm going to have to kill you."  A snake crawls out, "Oh, aren't you the pretty thing."  A mouse crawls out, "Squeaky!  You're falling down on your job!"

The phone rings, and I scream and run.

Is it any wonder I'm not married?



No comments: