Saturday, July 09, 2016

One Of Those Days



I knew it was going to be one of those days when I woke up at 1:00 AM and couldn't go back to sleep.  I tossed and turned, and may have dozed a bit, but true sleep escaped me.  Along about 2:25, Rylea started groaning.  I told her to hush, it wasn't time to get up yet, but she kept moaning until it was time to get up.

At 2:45, the alarm went off.  I got up and let the dogs out.  Then I let them back in, whereupon Rylea promptly threw up on the living room floor.  Oh, boy.  What a way to start my day.  I'm telling you, I seriously considered calling in and just going back to bed, but I didn't.  Overtime, plus attendance bonus at stake, you know.

I finish getting ready, get in the car, and start driving to work.  About half way there, I realized I'd left my breakfast in the microwave.  Dang.  I seriously thought about turning around and going back home, but thought to myself, "That would make that one very expensive sausage biscuit", and kept on going.

I spent the morning walking around brain dead and hungry.  I was like my own personal episode of The Walking Dead.  I felt a little better after lunch --oh, I had eaten a cereal bar after I got to work, but it wasn't like having a full meal -- and made it through the work day.

When I got home, Cody was there.  He and his friend Chad were going to get his bed and take it down to his new apartment.  That means I won't be able to pile the clean laundry on it.  I'll have to fold it and put it away, now.  At least until I get a new bed for that room.  Then I can go back to piling laundry.  You know, instead of folding it.

The best part about today is that it was raining when I got off work.  OK, it had mostly stopped by then, but I'm still using that as an excuse not to mow.

Today, any excuse will do.  I'm just too tired.

No comments: